Monday, December 13, 2010

Drunk at Daytona's

No, Suit420 isn't talking about Daytona Beach, Florida, home of NASCAR's famous Daytona 500 race.

I'm talking about a little hole-in-the-wall bar in Des Moines, Iowa called "Daytona's."


Now, Suit420 has spent a lot of time in Des Moines.

And a lot of that time has been spent at Daytona's.

In fact, it's located right next to a dumpy hotel that Suit420 has spent weeks in before, and added to the fact that they have free wifi and the girls don't dress so "classy," you can be sure Suit420 has closed that place down on multiple occasions.

And believe me, by the end of that trip I knew every waitress in the place -- by name.

 That's all I have to say about that.

Well, this particular trip to Iowa had me staying at a different hotel, which was a good twenty minutes from Daytona's.

But that didn't stop Suit420 from stopping by for a few beers, good, cheap food and some nice eye candy.

After all, a 20 minute drive gives me plenty of time to get myself good and hungry on the way -- if you know what Suit420 means.

And did I mention how the waitresses dress.


Let me tell you why Daytona's is interesting.

The best way to think of it is a lower-class Hooters.

The girls dress the same, only they wear different colors and are a lot cooler because they work at Daytona's instead of chainy Hooters.

On the inside there are a couple of random motorcycles and car parts on display.

And the lights are made of air filters and the barstools made of car wheels.

And even better is the number of TV's, the awesome food, and the unreal selection of beer on tap.

In fact, Daytona's has over 25 different beer on tap.


That's not bad for a place like Daytona's.

Actually, that's not bad for any type of place.

The drafts range from your standard Shock Top, Blue Moon and domestics like Bud Light, to various other beers -- particularly my favorite, the Boulevard Wheat Beer.

On this trip Suit420 ordered a pitcher of Boulevard for starters, along with some hot wings.

And did I mention how the girls dress?

Daytona's has a great selection of bar food.

There's pizza, wings, all types of sandwiches, and a variety of other bar-type food.  They have daily lunch specials, and also have free delivery.

As usual, the wings I ordered were right on cue.  Crispy, juicy, full of meat and smoking hot.

Mmmmm . . . smoke.

They're breaded too -- not the dried out, popped in the fryer bony types you get at some places.


After I finished my beer and wings, I decided to be healthy and ordered a grilled chicken sandwich.

Grilled chicken is actually one of my favorites.

Daytona's chicken sandwich was anything special, but I was pleased with it as well.

Some places have the chicken that has the chewy meat in it, but this sandwich wasn't like that.


And did I mention what the girls were wearing the entire time?

Suit420 finished my meal, and decided that it was time to head out for the day, before I stuck around so long I'd have trouble driving back to my hotel.

Or before I got myself in trouble.

But if you're ever cruising down Merle Hay in Des Moines, right before you get to the Interstate make sure to look for the monster truck and stock car out front, and if you have the time, I'd recommend at least stopping by for one beer.

And did I mention how the girls dress?

You'll be glad you did.


Rating: Bought the shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment