Friday, January 7, 2011

Chained Up: Chanello's Meat Lover's Pizza

Come on.  You knew it was just a matter of time until Suit 420 posted a pizza review.

The truth is, pizza is one of Suit 420's favorite munchies.

And why wouldn't it be?

Pizza isn't that expensive.  It's greasy.  It's filling and the variety of pizza is endless.

Plus, pizza places are usually open late, and virtually all of them deliver, so it's a perfect late-night food for someone like Suit 420 who just so happens to get the urge to snack while watching Friday or something.

Well, just recently, Suit 420 had one of those urges, and Chanello's Pizza in Virginia Beach turned out to be the perfect spot.

Chanello's is a locally-owned pizza chain that has been serving the Tidewater area of Virginia for over twenty years.

I had never had Chanello's, but some folks I know in the area speak "highly" of it (hehe), and the only person I talked to that didn't like Chanello's is skinny.  So why listen to her?

I had to give it a try.

I ordered the pizza online with a plan to pick up, and it just so happens that they had the perfect special for Suit 420.   It was a large Meat Lover's pizza for $9.99.

Chanello's Meat Lover's includes pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, Canadian bacon, real American non-Canadian bacon and mozzarella cheese.



In 15 minutes the pizza was finished.

And in 25 minutes the entire thing was gone. Of course, I did have some help, but I can't say I needed it.

That's because Chanello's Meat Lover's pizza was awesome.

There was a generous helping of meat -- and the pieces were thick, crunchy and full of flavor.

Combined with a great crust, mozzarella cheese and their top-of-the-line pizza sauce, Chanello's Meat Lover's was about as good as they  get.

They have a nice dipping sauce too -- which is kind of like thick ranch dressing.

Next time I'm in the Tidewater area, you can be sure that Suit420 will be stopping by Chanello's for some more Meat Lover's pizza.

Rating: Good

1 comment:

  1. In high school, me and my baseball-team buddies used to pick up large peppperonis for $6.00 -- right before we went skimboarding. Chanello's will always have a special place in my stomach!

    ReplyDelete